There are a number of ways that visitors to the Site make use of it. Some visitors will register at the site and contribute content to it, while others will simply come to the Site to learn about our company. Your use impacts what information about you we collect and how we use it.
We care about you and your privacy. DreamMeaning does not collect, accept, or store sensitive information such as: Social Security Numbers, driver's license numbers or records, banking information, credit card numbers, criminal records, doctor or hospital records, or children's information.
Types of information we collect.
We collect two basic types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
How we collect your information.
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies (Read our Cookies Policy), including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
- We use third-party Advertising & Analytics Companies to serve ads when you visit our website see: Types of cookies used by Google, Google Advertising – Privacy & Terms & Analytics cookies and Privacy Information.
Use of your information by "DreamMeaning".
A member of DreamMeaning.org, will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here. Other members of DreamMeaning.org may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your account and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Sharing your information with other companies.
We will not share your personal information outside DreamMeaning.org except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company such as: Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites or Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When we use third-party Advertising or Analytics Systems.
Your controls and choices.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and service.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
Data security, integrity and retention.
Comments and questions.